Here is a press release I did for a motor sports venue. I received a really good response to it.
Racers Unite to Salute Fallen Racing Hero at the Biggest Race of the Year!
Friday… Friday… Friday August 17th.
Come see the cars and stars of the WDLMA square off in a no holds barred match for $4,000 to win in the third annual George Scheffler Memorial / Hales Corners Reunion!
Don’t miss the heart pounding action on Southeastern Wisconsin’s fastest 1/3 of a mile at the Manitowoc County Fairgrounds and expo center!
No… No… Wait!
We’ve all heard that cliché advertising for race events before and it’s getting pretty old.
So, here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to give you three reasons why you simply can’t miss this racing event.
1. This is the race the local boys want to win. George Scheffler was a hardened racer with an extreme will to win and in his honor (at this race) our locals don’t lift the pedal when they probably should. This will probably be the most hard-nosed, take no prisoners racing you will see all year. Here is a list of some of the locals, I suspect, will come battle it out.
- Russ Scheffler (The areas winningest driver by far wants to add this one to his list)
- Rick Scheffler (He won this race once, but has gone winless this year)
- Pete Parker (The National Dirt Late Model hall of fame driver has some wins this year… can he get this one?)
- Paul Parker
- Nick Anvelink
- AJ Diemel
- Tim Buhler
- Tom Naeyaert
- Troy Springborn
2. See some of the drivers of the past compete in their own grudge match for area bragging rights. Some of these guys haven’t driven in quite a while… it will be interesting to see how they adapt to the modern for of Dirt Late Models. Guys like…
- Whitey Harris
- Aaron Solsrud
- Mike Melius
- Al Schill
- Frank Smith
- Jim Hendricks
- Bill Prietzel (2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series driver)
- Gary Laack
3. I’ve heard some rumors, nothing is confirmed of course, that some nationally known standouts might drop by. Maybe some names like Schlieper, Isenburg, Eckrich, and Mars might decide to grace us with their presence. If they do show, you don’t want to be the one missing out! This could be a barn burner!
Hey, did I mention they also have some commemorative t-shirts on sale also. The cool thing is that no one is profiting from the sale of these shirts. All the money collected is going right back into the purse for next years race.
The race track is located just off highway 43 in Manitowoc Wisconsin (exit 149).
If you have any questions or are lonely and just want to chat… give’em a call at Wild Incorporated at (262) 544-9453.
This will be the most Throttle Stomping… Heart Pounding… Motor Screaming… Dirt Slinging… Tear Your Heart Out race of the year.
(I couldn’t resist) We’ll see you there!
Here is the PDF version to download.